Saturday, March 14, 2009

on fighting cancer...


March 13 (Friday) 2009, on my way to Palo Alto, California for my first chemotherapy infusion. The drive was a little gloomy (typical Monterey morning fog) in the morning but it was sunny late in the afternoon when I left the hospital. The treatment took about 5 hours. My veins were too small so the infusion was set to slow (e.g., 2 hours vs. 1 hour). So the infusion started at 9:30 a.m. and I didn't leave the infusion ward until 4:30 p.m.


I felt fine thoughout the infusion, just bored from sitting for so long. The nurses station was also very noisy and the beeping noise from the other infusion chairs was irritating. It would be nice for the room to have a nice view and maybe a nice relaxing music, but that could be asking for too much.

No comments: