Wednesday, March 11, 2009

how long has it been...

Wow, I can't believe how long it's been since my last post--almost 2.5 years! As I've mentioned in one of my post, I moved back to California for school and work. The job was great and school is hectic. It definitely feels great to be back and be out of Taiwan for a while. Good things, as well as bad happened since my last post. However, there are more good than bad so I'm not complaining.

From this point on until my the completion of my treatments I will be writing about my battle with breast cancer. I was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 1997 and went through the treatment and survived for 10 years. However, I have a recurrence and I'm now scheduled to go through chemotherapy treatment. Going through chemotherapy treatment in 1997, I can still remember how terrible it was and how I promised myself that I would never opt for this treatment should cancer recur. Now that I find myself in the same situation I was 10 years ago, I find myself wanting to live a little longer for the sake of the people I love. So, I am once again doing chemotherapy starting March 13, 2009 (this Friday).

No comments: