Thursday, January 04, 2007

stress tips


This little book titled, "The Little Stress Book" by Rohan Candappa used to make me laugh so hard but today when I came across it, flipped through the pages, but for some reason, did nothing for me...in fact, I found it kind of ironic. It's amazing how some things can do so much for us at one time but do nothing at another????? Is it just my mood, or has my sense of humor changed? A few stress tips in the book:

Depress Yourself Early

As soon as you wake up in the morning, turn on a radio news show. News is always bad. What better way to put you in the right frame of mind for the day!

Everyday, the first thing I do is watch CNN. I was always made to believe that staying abreast with what's going on around us is very important. Don't ask me why it's important but most of us believe that. Of course, I always feel terrible when I see people killing people or children being abused, etc.

"But I Love Him/Her"

Constantly choose the wrong partner. Always turn to
the same friend for support when things go wrong.

It's true that people are attracted to men/women they know are totally wrong for them. Of course when things starts to fall apart they always act surprise.

A Sale

Go to a sale on the first day when the crowds are the
biggest. Then buy something you'll never ever wear.

A classic indeed! Women specially will rush to store sales (e.g., Black Friday) on the first day of the sale when they know tons of people will be there and then they buy something they'll never use just because they thought it was "a good deal." I know, I'm guilty of it myself.

I suppose, the author is trying to be facetious but most of what he wrote down is what most of us do on a daily basis.


No comments: