Thursday, January 11, 2007

faded memories...

I came across this picture on the Internet and it made me think of my father and how he used to be. My father passed away in 1986. I wasn't able to attend the funeral but I find it difficult to get over his death.

This image actually represent what I remember about my father...I feel really sad because I can't remember what he looked like. I don't have a picture of him so my image of him is a blur.

One thing I'll never forget about my father is that he was a great cook! And because he was a great cook, he was a very picky eater. The best times were during the Christmas holidays. He used to always cook a feast fit for a king. He also used to take us to the church every Sunday on a Kalesa. I couldn't figure out what happened but at about 8 years old, he stopped taking us to church. You always knew when his rooster won because he would bring us goodies back...my favorite was the rice cake he used to bring me.

No comments: