Monday, June 27, 2005

it all looks good in the pictures...



When you surf through the Taiwan website, everything looks so nice and beautiful...in the pictures that is. I'm not sure why, when I go to these places, they didn't look as appealing as they did in the pictures posted on the website. I think there's something wrong with my eyesight, because when I was looking at these supposed "beautiful" tourist areas, these two words always comes out of my mouth, "what the..."? For instance, I saw a beautiful picture advertising a place in Taiwan where they grow tea, so I dragged my husband, who was reluctant to go, to drive 5 hours to see this place. When we got there, all I could say was..."what the..." Driving through this small village, you will notice a lot of dilapidated buildings and houses (could be left over from the big earthquake). Occassinally, you will see what looks like tea shops but they also look like somebody's private homes so we didn't stop. Finally, we found a tea plantation (little farm with a little shack where the tea was processed...or something) but there was nobody there. Needless to say, we didn't find what we hoped to find--but at least I got to see what a tea plant looks like.

Oh well, I'm not giving up. I'm sure I'll find something...after all, we're talking about "Il Formosa," meaning, "A Beautiful Island," there's gotta be something out there!

No comments: